What Guides Our Work
Our guiding principles are more than words on a page. We believe they represent our character and culture as a company, give clear expectations to our team, and help our clients understand who we are as their partner.
Our 8 Guiding Principles
#1: Dedication to consistent client engagement and exceptional experiences that deliver on our value proposition
#2: Viewing all decisions, actions, outputs and communications through the client lens
#3: Empowerment to identify problems or opportunities and ownership to enact solutions
#4: Our collaborative culture that relies on everyone being a team player
#5: Experimentation and willingness to find a better way
#6: Using technology to improve, automate, scale and simplify
#7: Enjoyment in what we do, how we do it, and where we do it
#8: Curiosity and a learning orientation
Let’s Be Clear (Because We Crave Clarity)
Monument considers mutually clear communication to be the bedrock of developing and maintaining strong, meaningful relationships with our clients. It enables us to be your partner, advocate and advisor during all phases of your wealth journey, and to give you the best possible client experience.
We believe this begins with establishing two-way expectations.
What You Can Expect from Us:
- Our Team promises to adhere to our core value to be a fiduciary and always act in the best interest of our clients. We do not view the fiduciary standard as a burden. We view it as a privilege, enabling us to work with our interests completely aligned with those of our clients.
- You can expect to interact directly with all members of our Team. The Monument experience is one in which you get the attention and unfiltered opinion of the whole team, and financial planning and asset management expertise is “in-house,” not outsourced.
- Monument will implement your investment strategy and monitor your financial plan and accounts. You want less worry and drain on your time. Have confidence that Monument is keeping an eye on your ball.
- Monument will keep you informed on our investment models through monthly model updates and quarterly earnings updates and provide regular commentary on the markets through our blog, podcast and social media.
- The Monument Team will address all your questions and concerns and will strive to respond within one business day with a resolution or to inform you that the issue is being researched.
- If you need to talk, we are always available for a call. We know life can change quickly, and we want to be your first call if you have questions or need to consider your options.
- For more comprehensive meetings, like annual reviews and financial planning meetings, we schedule at least two weeks out. This ensures we have adequate time to prepare and that we will deliver you the highest quality advice.
- We typically schedule meetings Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Monument strives for precision. If you or Monument discover any inaccuracies, we will alert each other as soon as possible and resolve them immediately.
- Monument agrees to take all precautions to protect your personal information. We employ a top-notch third-party technology company to keep our systems up to date, and our Team uses security best practices, including encryption and a cloud-based vault for document sharing.
What We Expect from You:
- In order to receive the best possible advice from Monument, you will share your full financial picture, to the best of your ability, and provide updates as they occur.
- You understand that Monument only accepts clients who agree with our investment philosophy that diversification, a rules-based approach, and a long-term focus are the keys to sound investing. Tips, hunches and timing the market will not be part of your investment strategy.
- You will be responsive to emails and phone calls within a reasonable period of time and understand that many wealth management matters are time sensitive.
- You will receive documents electronically via email, and sign electronically using DocuSign.
- You will take all measures to protect your personal information. This includes using two-factor authentication and not sending Monument documents with personally identifiable information—like tax returns, account statements, and IDs—via unencrypted email.
- You will let Monument know immediately if you feel we are not meeting expectations, so we can remedy the situation and continue to improve our practice.
- You agree that our engagement needs to be reevaluated if our objectives and wealth philosophy ever diverge.
Learn How we Work with Our Clients